- Dr Dew became Spilman’s 15th Pastor in January 2021, He served as the Interim Pastor at Spilman from January 2019 to December 2020. He also served Spilman as their pulpit supply in July 2018 before becoming their interim.
- Pastor of Fremont Missionary Baptist Church in Fremont NC from June 2001 to August 2017.
- Dr. Dew was born in 1962 to Harold and Bettie Dew who are currently retired and live in Greenville, NC. He has one sister Mary, that also lives in Greenville.
- Powell and Jo Anne were married on Sept. 2, 1984 in Kinston, NC. They have one daughter, Amber. Amber and her husband David, currently live in Stantonsburg. On October 2004 Jo Ann died from an extended illness with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cancer.
- He remarried in May 2006 to Sharon Rouse of Grifton NC. Sharon has one daughter Kaitlyn Hooks. Powell and Sharon enjoy immensely Kaitlyn’s two children, Madelyn and Tyson.
- Powell and Sharon currently reside in the log cabin they built in 2006 by the Contentnea Creek in Stantonsburg NC.
- Graduated from J. O. Sanderson High School in Raleigh NC in 1980.
- Attended Mars Hill College in Mars Hill NC from Aug. 1980 to May 1982.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in May 1984.
- Master of Divinity degree from Campbell University Divinity School in Buies Creek, NC in May 2004.
- Doctor of Ministry degree from Campbell University Divinity School in Buies Creek, NC in May 2010.